The Commercial Billing Analyst will be responsible for the billing, collecting, reconciling, reporting and analysis functions related to Hotwire’s existing and new lines of business with a particular focus on Non-recurring revenues. Examples of these new lines of business include but are not limited to Small Cell, DAS, Network Deployment, and Low Voltage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the monthly recurring and non-recurring billing of assigned accounts and business activities.
- Responsible for booking invoices in Hotwire’s financial system (MS GP) and for A/R management associated to all billing activities generated from transactions related to assigned accounts and business activities.
- Responsible for resolving issues affecting billing and collection of payments associated to the assigned accounts, including purchase orders, sales order mismatch, requesting/escalating missing documentation required for revenue recognition, and audit compliance.
- Responsible for Mid-month & Ad-hoc invoice processing when required.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with internal tax department to identify taxable products and services and to efficiently assess applicable taxes and regulatory charges on customers’ invoices for billing accuracy and timeliness.
- Conduct invoice audits as requested by customers or other internal parties.
- Management of Invoice-Payment reconciliation and audit process.
- Establish relationship with customers to request and secure any missing information/documentation required for billing and collections matters.
- Hotwire’s customer front for all inquiries and concerns related to billing and payment matters.
- Management of billing disputes from opening to resolution. In charge of researching and communicating with other internal parties to address deficiencies and to seek remedies. Communicates with customers throughout the process and notifies findings and outcome.
- Responsible to produce and manage reporting required by Finance for Sales and Receivables capturing.
- Any other duties identified and responsibilities assigned by Finance related to month, quarter, & year close process.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The Commercial Billing Analyst is self-motivated, competitive, focused, solutions oriented, and assertive. The ideal candidate should also possess the skills, competencies, and abilities listed below in order to successfully perform the job and to be considered for the position:
- At least 5+ years of billing experience. Carrier Access Billing (CABS), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), or Telecom Expense Management (TEM) experience is a plus.
- Associate’s degree in business, finance, or accounting. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Strong telecommunications billing experience.
- Knowledge of telecom/wireless carriers billing portals. Knowledge of user portals is a plus.
- Experience with financial systems. MS Great Plains and SAP Ariba Sourcing is a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Access. MS Project and MS Visio is a plus.
- Basic understanding of US GAAP is a plus.
- Strong background in metrics & reporting.
- Must be detail-oriented and execute with a high-level of accuracy.
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and independently.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Sense of urgency & goal-oriented.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, projects, and tasks concurrently.
- Must have a strong work ethic and display personal and corporate integrity.
- Must be self-motivated and results-driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to the company’s changing needs.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily in a professional office building/environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers including peripherals), phones (with speakerphone), printers, photocopiers, scanners, projectors, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
**************** Hotwire Communications, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. ****************