||Bilingual Collections Specialist
||Fision Home / Hotwire Communications
||Fort Lauderdale, FL
||Mon Apr 3rd, 2017
Hotwire Communications is a very fast-paced cutting edge technology company that provides quad-play telecommunications services to residential and businesses customers. Hotwire clientele ranges from college students to young professionals to high level executives to retirement communities.
The incumbent will perform day-to-day collections activities related to residential retail customers. These activities will include outbound/inbound telephone calls & e-mails to collect full outstanding/past-due balances. Also, the incumbent could potentially negotiate and set-up payment arrangements to establish different payment solutions after examining each borrower’s financial situation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the collection of past-due residential retail customer invoices by contacting such customers to inform them of the delinquency that needs to be cured.
- Negotiate the best possible payment arrangement if balance cannot be paid in full. The negotiation process involves reviewing the account information in the billing/collections systems.
- Work with customers in order to better understand the perceived obstacles to avoid problems collecting future payments.
- Ability to research and reconcile remittance to balance A/R efficiently.
- Maintain call quality and productivity measurements.
- Follow all Federal, State, and Local laws for FDCPA.
- Maintain a positive problem-solving approach and relationships within a team environment including internal departments and customers.
- Handle weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor.
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics.
- Abide by internal department policies & procedures.
- Understanding of A/R Aging reports.
- Communicate collections issues to management.
- Work with other departments to resolve and collect payment for disputed charges.
- Assist with other collections activities such as referring accounts to third-party agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
The Collections Specialist – Bilingual is self-motivated, competitive, focused, solutions oriented, and assertive. The ideal candidate should also possess the skills, competencies, and abilities listed below in order to successfully perform the job and to be considered for the position:
- At least 2+ years of retail collections experience.
- High-school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree is a plus.
- Fluent Spanish-speaker. Native is not required. Ability to read/write in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong telecommunications & call-center experience.
- Experience in outbound & predictive-dialer campaigns.
- Experience with Billing & Collections systems (OSSs).
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Word, & MS Excel.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail & goal-oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to the company’s changing needs.
If interested in this or any of the open positions, please email your resume
and cover letter to email@example.com